Wednesday, November 21, 2012

In Everything Give Thanks!

I have had lots of fun preparing for Thanksgiving this year. Thanks to some fun printables, I was able to make most of our decorations.

 
I made a "Give Thanks" jar and printed out slips of paper that say things like "I love . . . ", or ".... makes me smile." or "Thanksgiving is great because . . . ." We have each been writing something down at dinner at night and putting them in the jar. We will read them on Thanksgiving!
You can find the printable for this here: A Jar Full of Gratitude



I absolutely loved this set of printables and made several things using it.
This set can be found here: Dimple Prints Thanksgiving Printables
I simply printed the "Happy Turkey Day" sign and put it in a $3 frame from Walmart!
Next, using the round cupcake toppers, I made tags for "Indian corn" treat bags!
I simply filled a small treat bag with Reese's Pieces, added raffia in the top to look
like the end of the corn husk, then tied on the label with jute!
I also printed the treat sign about 1/16th smaller and tied it to the basket!
 

 
I put some fall puzzles in the bottom of the table for some after dinner fun
on Thanksgiving Day!


I used a dark brown tablecloth for the table setting and napkins with
Thanksgiving Scripture on
them for a finishing touch!






I printed out the "Happy Thanksgving" banners at half the size and hung them with jute across my large windows!
 
 

I also printed out the Kids Table sign and framed it in an old frame that I had in storage!
The kids made the pumpkins at Patch Club at church. They are so cute, and so easy!
They are made with a roll of toilet paper, a square of fall fabric,
brown paper bag, leaves, and pipe cleaner!
The instructions for these can be found here: Easy Pumpkin Project
 

Next to each child's plate is a checklist for what they ate for Thanksgiving dinner.
The printable for this can be found here: Thanksgiving Celebration printables
 

Another picture of our Indian Corn treat bags!
 


 
I printed out water bottle wrappers and glued them to water bottles!
I printed some from the same set as above and also some from this set:
This is a great blog with lots of fun party ideas!!
 

 
I also printed out these cute Mayflower treat holders! (This was also from the Amanda set.)
Instead of using treat cups, I baked pumpkin muffins using a can of Libby's pumpkin pie and
a vanilla cake mix. Simply mix the two together, fill muffin cups,
and bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes!
Delicious!!
 
Now I just hope everyone enjoys the day as much as I enjoyed planning and putting it all together!

No comments:

Post a Comment